Because of Anya: Discussion Guide
Questions that can be used in classrooms and book groups
- In Because of Anya, who jumps to conclusions, and on what are these conclusions based?
- Which characters change during the book, and how?
- Which characters remind your students of someone they know?
- With which characters do they identify?
- Why doesn't Anya explain her wig right away? Should she have said something sooner?
- Keely and Anya have been in the same class since kindergarten, but they don't really know each other. Invite your students to learn more about someone with whom they've never really spoken.